- what information we collect,
- when we collect it,
- how and why we collect it,
- how we use it,
- how we protect and secure it,
- how we share it; and
- What choices you have regarding our collection and use of this information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We are likely to collect several kinds of personal identifiable information from users in different ways. Types of Information Collected and retained are majorly of two types and they include but not limited to, when Users install and use our app, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our App. Users may be asked to fill out appropriately their name, email address and location. Personal identifiable information will be collected from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, fax number, telephone number and billing information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Non-Personal / Identifiable Information: Like most apps, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of users of our app. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic, the phone type and technical information about Users.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Sociasta may collect and utilize users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve our App
- To improve users experience
- To communicate with you (via e-mail, post or otherwise) and provide you with promotional materials and additional information regarding our services and surveys.
- To maintain contact with you and provide you with ongoing personalized service;
- To help us create content that is most relevant to you.
- We may use the review you provide to improve our services.
- conduct marketing and performance research, to assist us in measuring our customer service, benchmarking our performance and to help us improve our experiences and
- The information you provide to us will be stored for the period unless you direct us to delete it.
DISCLOSURE AND EXTERNAL USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Aggregate Data. We may share aggregated, non-personal data with service providers, advertisers or other existing or potential business partners to enable our users to receive targeted information and/or discounts and to optimize third-party offers of services.
- Acquisitions or divestitures. We may decide to sell, buy or merge our own or other businesses. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal and other information to prospective or actual purchasers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. In the event that we or all of our assets are acquired in such a transaction, customer information would be one of the transferred assets.
- In this Section, we have summarized the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- Your principal rights under data protection law are:
(a) The right to access;
(b) The right to rectification;
(c) The right to erasure;
(d) The right to restrict processing;
(e) The right to object to processing;
(f) The right to data portability;
(g) The right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) The right to withdraw consent.
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: [the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law and the personal data have been unlawfully processed]. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: [for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims].
- In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
(a) Consent; or
(b) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- In this Section, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- We have offices and facilities in certain countries. The European Commission has made an "adequacy decision" with respect to the data protection laws of each of these countries. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained OR the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtained.
- You acknowledge that [personal data that you submit for publication through our services] may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
The security of your personal information is extremely important to us. We use technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alternation or unauthorized disclosure of information under our control. We use security measures including and not limited to: physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All sensitive information is collected on a secure server.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, since no security system is impenetrable and "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, or that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security of our databases.
When creating an account and asked to choose a password, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties and websites, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our app. Sociasta may be linked to many other apps as part of our effort to provide service to our users. Sociasta do not control the content that appear on those apps and are and will not be responsible for the practices employed by Apps linked to or from our App (Sociasta).
The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties. Note: These Apps and services may have their own privacy policies and user service policies. Therefore, we encourage our users to be aware when they leave our App and to familiarize themselves with the privacy statements of every App that collects personal information.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our App, and rely on a parent or guardian to help you use our App.
You can choose to receive emails from us or access our content through a mobile application. To help ensure that we are providing materials of interest to you, we may include software code in our emails to monitor whether you opened a particular email, whether you have clicked on the images and/or links in the email, the date and time the message was opened and whether your computer is capable of receiving HTML-based email, all of which is standard practice for most Apps.
You may unsubscribe at any time from our email programs by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message. We reserve the right to send you service announcements or similar administrative messages (for example, if we need to temporarily suspend our App for maintenance), without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
ACCEPTANCE OF POLICY
By using this App, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our App. Your continued use of the App following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.